One Person Company Registration
Ideal for entrepreneur who have alone started a venture
Starting At Rs. 12,599 Onwards
SAVE 50% COST…!!!
(Takes 10-20 days)
What is OPC Registration ?
The concept of One Person Company in India was introduced through the Companies Act, 2013 to support entrepreneurs who on their own are capable of starting a venture by allowing them to create a single person economic entity. One of the biggest advantages of a One Person Company (OPC) is that there can be only one member in a OPC, while a minimum of two members are required for incorporating and maintaining a Private Limited Company or a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). Similar to a Company, a One Person Company is a separate legal entity from its promoter, offering limited liability protection to its sole shareholder, while having continuity of business and being easy to incorporate.
Though a One Person Company allows a lone Entrepreneur to operate a corporate entity with limited liability protection, an OPC does have a few limitations. For instance, every One Person Company (OPC) must nominate a nominee Director in the MOA and AOA of the company – who will become the owner of the OPC in case the sole Director is disabled. Also, a One Person Company must be converted into a Private Limited Company if it crosses an annual turnover of Rs.2 crores and must file audited financial statements with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs at the end of each Financial Year like all types of Companies. Therefore, it is important for the Entrepreneur to carefully consider the features of a One Person Company prior to incorporation. Unfolding Tax provides the fastest and best One Person company Registration in Delhi.
Who can start a OPC Company in India?
This is one of the most important question that is asked by every person who is willing to start a OPC in India.Through there is no restriction on anybody to form a company in India, but still, we would like to discuss some special cases:
- Existing directors : Yes, they can open the OPC but if they already own one, then any further OPC is not allowed.
- Employees : Employees are generally not allowed by their employers to form a company and be a director. They may hold shares but cannot take position as director. If you want to open a company, then check your employment agreement and you may also seek permission from the respective employer.
- Companies, Firms : As per Companies, act, 2013 only individual can form a OPC.
Documents Required for Online OPC Registration
For Single Director & Nominee
- Copy of PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Address Proof (Bank Statement, Mobile bill, Telephone bill)
- Passport Size Photo
For Registered Office
- Ownership Proof (Electricity Bill etc)
- Utility Bill (Gas Bill, Electricity Bill)
- NOC (Download format)
Procedure For OPC Registration
Factors to Consider in OPC Name Selection
The name of your OPC is very important. Your OPC’s name is the first impression to your buyers, suppliers and stakeholders. It should therefore be attractive, relevant and suggestive. There are several factors that you should keep in mind while choosing a name for your company.
Why OPC Registration ?
Minimum Requirements for OPC Registration
- Limited Liability
- Separate Legal Entity
- Uninterrupted Existence
- Borrowing capacity
- One Shareholder
- One Director
- One Nominee
- One Person
Frequently Asked Questions
At least one nominee is required to start an OPC who can act as shareholder as well as director.
- An OPC limited by shares must comply with following requirements :
- Must have a minimum [paid up share capital of INR 1 Lac.
- Shares will not be allowed to be transferred to anyone else.
- An OPC is prohibited from giving any invitations to public to subscribe for the securities of the company.
- When an OPC limited by shares or by guarantee enters into a contract with the sole member of the company, who is also the director of the company, the terms of contract or offer must be recorded in writing or contained in a memorandum or recorded in the minutes of the Board meeting held next after entering into the contact.
- An OPC must inform the Registrar about every contract entered into by the company with the sole member of the company within a period of fifteen days from the date of approval.
- Sign on annual returns
- Hold Annual General Meetings and Board Meetings
- Sign on Financial Statements
- Option to dispense with the requirement of holding an AGM
- Power of Tribunal to call meetings of members
- Calling of extraordinary general meeting
- Notice of meeting
- Statement to be annexed to notice
- Quorum for meetings
- Chairman of meetings
- Restriction on voting rights
- Voting by show of hands
- Voting through electronic means
- Demand for poll
- Postal ballot
- Circulation of members’ resolution
Indus provides OPC incorporation services across India in all cities. We have done OPC registration in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur and other Indian cities.
Indus is one of the best online service portals to help register OPC’s in India. We have 10 years of experience in application of OPC registration. Indus has 30+ regional offices in India and expand its network in India with 2000+ customers for OPC Company.