GSTR – 10
Let’s fulfil your GST Compliances
- We help Passionate Enterpreneurs
- We help to build
- We help growing business
What is GSTR – 10
Every registered person who is required to furnish return under section 39 (1) and whose registration has been surrendered or cancelled shall file a return in form GSTR-10 through the common portal. This return is called as Final return.
Who should file GSTR – 10
It is required to be filed only by the persons whose registration under GST has been cancelled or surrendered. Thus the regular taxpayer registered under GST are not required to file this return.
When is GSTR – 10 due
Final return has to be filed within 3 months of the date of cancellation or date of order of cancellation whichever is later. For instance, if a GST registration was cancelled on 1st January, then GSTR-10 return would be due on 31st March. It should be filed up to 31st March.
Penalty for delay filing of GSTR-10 return
Any registered person who fails to furnish the return by the due date shall pay a late fees of Rs. 100 for every day during which such failure continues or Rs. 5000 whichever is lower. A notice in the prescribed form shall be issued electronically to a registered person who fails to furnish the final return. Such notice shall require such registered person him to furnish such return within 15 days. If the person still fails to file the return, the tax officer will pass the final order for the cancellation with the amount of tax payable along with interest / penalty.
Details to be provided in GSTR-10
Below are the sections under information needs to be furnished – Point 1 to 4 are to be auto populated.
- Legal Name
- Business Name
- Address / Principle place of business
- Application reference number (ARN) of surrender application
- Effective date of Surrender / Cancellation – Mention here the date of cancellation of GST registration as contained in the order.
- Whether cancellation order has been passed – Yes / No
- If Yes, Unique ID of Cancellation Order – Unique ID will be provided by the authorities at the time of passing cancellation order.
- Date of cancellation order – The date on which the GST registration cancellation order is passed by the authorities.
- Particulars of closing stock held on date of surrender / cancellation –Here we need to mention the details of closing stock held on the date of surrender / cancellation of GST registration.
After furnishing all the details correctly the taxpayer is required to sign digitally either through DSC or Aadhar based signature verification.