GSTR – 10
Let’s fulfil your GST Compliances
- We help Passionate Enterpreneurs
- We help to build
- We help growing business
What is GSTR-10
Every registered person who is required to furnish return under section 39 (1) and whose registration has been surrendered or canceled shall file a return in form GSTR-10 through the common portal. This return is called as a Final return.
Who should file GSTR-10
It is required to be filed only by the persons whose registration under GST has been canceled or surrendered. Thus the regular taxpayer registered under GST are not required to file this return.
When is GSTR-10 due
Final return has to be filed within 3 months of the date of cancellation or date of the order of cancellation whichever is later. For instance, if a GST registration was canceled on 1st January, then GSTR-10 return would be due on 31st March. It should be filed up to 31st March.
Penalty for delay filing of GSTR-10 return
Any registered person who fails to furnish the return by the due date shall pay a late fee of Rs. 100 for every day during which such failure continues or Rs. 5000 whichever is lower. A notice in the prescribed form shall be issued electronically to a registered person who fails to furnish the final return. Such notice shall require such registered person him to furnish such
Details to be provided in GSTR-10
Below are the sections under information needs to be furnished – Point 1 to 4 is to be auto-populated.
- Legal Name
- Business Name
- Address / Principle place of business
- Application reference number (ARN) of surrender application
- Effective date of Surrender / Cancellation – Mention here the date of cancellation of GST registration as contained in the order.
- If the cancellation order has been released- Yes/No
- If yes, then an Unique ID has to be provided as released by the concerned authorities during generating cancellation order.
- Date of cancellation order – The date on which the GST registration cancellation order is passed by the authorities.
- Particulars of closing stock held on the date of surrender/cancellation –Here we need to mention the details of closing stock held on the date of surrender/cancellation of GST registration.
After enlisting all the correct details, the taxpayer is expected to verify himself by digital signature by either through DSC or Aadhar based signature verification.