GSTR 6 is a monthly return which is required to be filed by an Input Service Distributor.
Input Service Distributor under GST includes:
- An office or an intermediary which manages the business of manufacturer or producer
- receives invoices from supplier toward purchase of input services
- issues a prescribed document for distribution of input tax credit of CGST, SGST and / or Integrated GST paid on the said services to a supplier of taxable goods and / or services having same Permanent Account Number as that of the office referred above.
It contains details of Input Tax Credit received by an Input Service Distributor and distribution of Input Tax Credit.
GSTR 6 has a total of 11 headings, the taxable person need not worry as most of these will be pre-filled. But we need to understand certain terms:
- GSTIN – Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number
- UIN – Unique Identification Number
- UQC – Unit Quantity Code
- HSN – Harmonised System of Nomenclature
- SAC – Services Accounting Code
- POS – Place of Supply of Goods and Services
- B2B – From one registered person to another registered person
- B2C – From registered person to unregistered person
Importance of GSTR 6
GSTR 6 contains details of all the documents issued for distribution of Input Tax Credit and the manner of distribution of credit and tax invoice on which credit is received.
Every Input Service Distributor is required to file GSTR 6 even if it is a nil return.
Due Date to File GSTR 6
The due date for filing of GSTR 6 as per GST Act is 13th of next month.
Late fees have been reduced to INR 50 per day.